According to the Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam that came into force from July 10, 2020, there are new regulations on types and time limits of visas. We are happy to update you as follows:
VISA ENTERING INTO VIETNAM
- Visa means a document issued by a competent authority of Vietnam to a foreigner to grant entry into Vietnam.
- A temporary residence card is a document issued by an immigration authority to a foreigner who is permitted to reside in Vietnam for a certain period of time. This card has the same validity as a visa.
- A visa may be used once or multiple times and its purpose must not be changed. Visa shall be issued and attached to a passport, issued separately or issued via an electronic transaction or according to lists issued by immigration authorities. Each person shall be issued with a separate visa, except for children under 14 who will be issued with visas in the same passports of their parents or guardians.
- A visa of an individual cannot be repurposed, except for cases: He/she presents documents proving to be an investor or a representative for a foreign organization investing in Vietnam; He/she presents document proving his/her relationship with the person inviting or sponsoring his/her entry into Vietnam such as parents, spouse, children; He/she is invited or sponsored by agencies or organizations and presents work permit or confirmation of eligibility for work permit exemption according to labor laws.
VISA FOR FOREIGN INVESTORS, SYMBOLS AND TIME LIMITS
There are 04 types of diplomatic missions:
- SYMBOL NG1 – issued to members of delegations invited by the President of Vietnam, the President of the National Assembly and the Prime Minister.
- SYMBOL NG2 – issued to members of delegations invited by standing members of the Vice chairman of Vietnam, Deputy President of the National Assembly, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the People’s Committees of provinces.
- SYMBOL NG3 – issued to members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, and housemaids during their term of office.
- SYMBOL NG4 – issued to people who come to work with diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations, visitors of members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, and representative offices of intergovernmental organizations.
VALIDITY OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD
The validity of issued temporary resident cards shall be at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of passports
- The duration of DT1 temporary residence card shall not exceed 10 years.
- The duration of DT2, NG3, LS temporary residence card shall not exceed 5 years.
- The duration of DT3 and TT temporary residence card shall not exceed 3 years.
- The duration of LD1, LD2 temporary residence card shall not exceed 2 years
- An expired temporary residence card shall be considered for the issuance of a new one.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
Read more different type visa entry Vietnam:
- Vietnam entry visa, types and time limits
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign organizations
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign investors
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign workers
- Full compliance procedures for foreigners
- Work permit in Vietnam: Regulation and guidance
- Compulsory insurance – What you need to know
- Temporary residence card – What you need to know
- Permanent residence card – What you need to know
- Procedure for consular legalization foreign document
- Legal representative of enterprise – Roles and responsibility
- Personal income tax – methods of declaration and payable amount