12 Aug FOREIGN REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES IN VIETNAM CASES OF ADJUSTMENTS TO LICENSES FOR ESTABLISHMENT
(Last Updated On: August 13, 2022)
The foreign representative office in Vietnam is a dependent unit supporting business operations of the parent company, which is allowed to do basic business activities such as open a resident office, recruit employees, manage and promote local business contracts, market research., etc.
Properly managing the required procedures on Licenses for Establishment of representative offices will help to avoid serious violations and penalties, and keep your good standing in Vietnam with more business incentives in futures.
CASES AND WHEN FOREIGN TRADERS SHALL APPLY FOR ADJUSTMENTS OF THE LICENSES FOR ESTABLISHMENT?
- Changes in the name or location of the head office of a foreign trader.
- Replacement of the head of the representative office.
- Changes in the name of the representative office.
- Changes in the operations of representative offices
- Changes in the location of the representative office.
WHAT ARE THE CONTENT OF APPLICATIONS FOR ADJUSTMENTS OF THE LICENSES FOR ESTABLISHMENT ?
- An application form for adjustments to the License for Establishment of the representative office using the form promulgated by the Ministry of Industry and signed by a competent representative of the foreign trader.
- The original License for Establishment of the branch or representative office.
- Documents as proof of adjustments. To be specified :
- With regard to adjustments specified in name or location of the head office of a foreign trader: copies of legal documents as proof of changes in the name or location of the head office of a foreign trader are released by competent authorities.
- With regard to adjustments specified in head of the representative office: a letter of appointment of the new head of the representative office; copies of the passport or ID card (for Vietnamese) or copies of the passport (for foreigners) of the new head of the representative office; proof of fulfillment of personal income tax liabilities of the former head of the representative office at the time of changes.
- With regard to adjustments specified in the location of the representative office: copies of memorandum of understanding (MOU) or leasing agreements or documents as proof of the right to use a location as the representative office or branch; copies of documents on the expected locations of the representative office or branch under Article 28 hereof and provisions of relevant laws.
- Depending on case, the documents as proof of changes shall be translated into Vietnamese and certified true and shall be certified or legalized by overseas diplomatic missions or Consulates of Vietnam in accordance with laws of Vietnam.
Contact our professional for any of your further queries regarding:
- What is a foreign representative office in Vietnam?
- How to establish?
- What are the required compliances by laws?
- Risk management during office operation in Vietnam
- How to close or transform in to subsidiary?
VIVA Business Consulting is the unique local expertise who has comprehensive knowledge and business resources that ensure for your representative office in Vietnam fully complied with local laws and regulations at every beginning, at any local competent state agencies.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
Who we are?
- VIVA is a business consulting company, specializes in business compliance procedures according to local business laws and regulations since 2006. VIVA has been continuously trusted by thousands of well-known clients since 2006.
- The insights and consistent backgrounds in Business Laws – Accounting and Corporate Finance – Tax Management – Labor Relations and Payroll – Secretarial services help us build trust and confidence in the entrepreneur's community.
- We have been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies from Hong Kong, Japan, US, EU, Singapore, India, China, Korea…. in forms of FDI companies, Foreign representative offices, Foreigners working in Vietnam, Vietnamese SMEs, Chief Operation Officers.
What we do
- Services for Expats in Vietnam: Visa, Work Permit, Temporary residence card, Compulsory Insurances, Personal Income tax, Labor contracts, Employment Records and Relations, Other Secretarial Services.
- Services for Representative offices in Vietnam: Establishment, extension of representative office licenses. Required compliance procedures during operation. Rights and obligations of the chief of representative office. Closure of representative office risks management.
- Services for a company in Vietnam: Setting up a new company and licensing service. Business records management. Daily business transactions management. Tax management. Accounting and financial statements. Employments, payroll and compulsory insurances. Representative on behalf of competent state agencies for any business administration procedures.
Motivated by our core values of ceaseless improvement, our great insights in local business culture and regulations, as well as the exclusive services, promise to offer you one-stop and tailored-made solutions that optimize every of your business in Vietnam in the lawful manner.
We are looking to be your valued business partner and resources in Vietnam as we have been choosing since 2006.
- Foreign investor, legal REP and chief REP in Vietnam: The required compliance procedures that you shall keep in mind
- Business compliance advisory services in Vietnam
- Chief of representative office or head of branch in Vietnam: roles and responsibilities
- Extending representative offices license: what you need to know
- Compliance procedures for license of foreign representative office in Vietnam
- Headquarter locations of a company or REP office in Vietnam: 09 key things you shall keep in mind