According to Resolution No. 105/NQ-CP, some certain conditions for issuance, extension, and certification of work permits for foreigners who work in Vietnam have been removed. This Resolution comes into force from September 09, 2021. VIVA would like to update the primary objectives and solutions:
FACILITATION IN TERMS OF FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN VIETNAM
Removed certain conditions for issuance, extension, and certification of work permits for foreigners in comparison to the Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP. To be specific:
- Conditions for foreign experts in Vietnam: The foreign worker shall have a bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent qualification and at least 3 years’ experience corresponding to the job position to be held by him/her in Vietnam. (Removed conditions: experience in his/her training field)
- Conditions for foreign technical workers be implemented as follows: The foreign worker has been trained in technical field or another major for at least 01 year and has at least 03 years’ experience corresponding to the job position to be held by him/her in Vietnam. (Removed condition: experience in his/her training field)
- Proofs as a manager, executive, expert, technical and certain jobs including diplomas, certificates, certification issued by the foreign agency, organization, enterprise in respect of the number of years’ experience of the expert or technical worker, or the issued work permit as proof of experience. (Expanded issued work permit in Vietnam as a kind of proof)
- Required documents of valid certified true copy of passport as per the law shall be implemented as follows: A valid copy of the passport as prescribed by law. (Removed condition: true copy of passport)
- Allow foreign workers who have unexpired work permits to be assigned, seconded to other provinces within a period of not exceeding 06 months; the employer of the foreign worker shall report to the labor authority of the area to which the foreign worker is assigned without having to apply for another work permit.
AND OTHER SOLUTIONS IN RELATED FROM SEPTEMBER 2021:
Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, heads of governmental agencies, Presidents of the People’s Committees of provinces are directly responsible to the Government and the Prime Minister for:
- Propose to permit to negotiate with their employers to increase monthly overtime hours according to adapt to Covid-19 situation, provided it does not exceed 300 hours/year.
- Provide instructions on safe quarantine for uniform implementation by provincial governments in order to facilitate the receipt of workers from other provinces.
- Application for the special mechanism for epidemic control upon entry in some special cases while ensuring safety and prevention against Covid-19.
- Accelerate the process of negotiation and mutual recognition of “vaccine passports” with other countries, territories and partners in order to reopen the country when possible; submit a report to the Prime Minister in September 2021.
- Review procedures, facilitate entry of experts, foreign investors and their families into Vietnam; ensure safety and prevention against Covid-19.
- Uniformly implement regulations on centralized quarantine of inbound passengers as instructed by the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Required papers
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Who can grant the entry visa
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Entry procedures
- Full compliance procedures for expats in Vietnam
- Work permit exemption – revocation
- Work permit in Vietnam: Regulations and guidance
- Work permit in Vietnam: The conditions and required papers
- Foreign workers in Vietnam – 20 cases exempt from work permits
- Work permit exemptions for foreigners married to Vietnamese citizens
- Work permit in Vietnam: Acceptance of demand for foreign workers from local competent state agencies