22 Oct SOLUTIONS FROM GOVERNMENT FACILITATION OF WORK PERMIT FOR FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN VIETNAM(Last Updated On: June 23, 2022)
According to Resolution No. 105/NQ-CP, some certain conditions for issuance, extension, and certification of work permits for foreigners who work in Vietnam have been removed. This Resolution comes into force from September 09, 2021. VIVA would like to update the primary objectives and solutions:
FACILITATION IN TERMS OF FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN VIETNAM
Removed certain conditions for issuance, extension, and certification of work permits for foreigners in comparison to the Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP. To be specific:
- Conditions for foreign experts in Vietnam: The foreign worker shall have a bachelor’s degree or higher or an equivalent qualification and at least 3 years’ experience corresponding to the job position to be held by him/her in Vietnam. (Removed conditions: experience in his/her training field)
- Conditions for foreign technical workers be implemented as follows: The foreign worker has been trained in technical field or another major for at least 01 year and has at least 03 years’ experience corresponding to the job position to be held by him/her in Vietnam. (Removed condition: experience in his/her training field)
- Proofs as a manager, executive, expert, technical and certain jobs including diplomas, certificates, certification issued by the foreign agency, organization, enterprise in respect of the number of years’ experience of the expert or technical worker, or the issued work permit as proof of experience. (Expanded issued work permit in Vietnam as a kind of proof)
- Required documents of valid certified true copy of passport as per the law shall be implemented as follows: A valid copy of the passport as prescribed by law. (Removed condition: true copy of passport)
- Allow foreign workers who have unexpired work permits to be assigned, seconded to other provinces within a period of not exceeding 06 months; the employer of the foreign worker shall report to the labor authority of the area to which the foreign worker is assigned without having to apply for another work permit.
Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies, heads of governmental agencies, Presidents of the People’s Committees of provinces are directly responsible to the Government and the Prime Minister for:
- Propose to permit to negotiate with their employers to increase monthly overtime hours according to adapt to Covid-19 situation, provided it does not exceed 300 hours/year.
- Provide instructions on safe quarantine for uniform implementation by provincial governments in order to facilitate the receipt of workers from other provinces.
- Application for the special mechanism for epidemic control upon entry in some special cases while ensuring safety and prevention against Covid-19.
- Accelerate the process of negotiation and mutual recognition of “vaccine passports” with other countries, territories and partners in order to reopen the country when possible; submit a report to the Prime Minister in September 2021.
- Review procedures, facilitate entry of experts, foreign investors and their families into Vietnam; ensure safety and prevention against Covid-19.
- Uniformly implement regulations on centralized quarantine of inbound passengers as instructed by the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
Who we are?
- VIVA is a business consulting company, specializes in business compliance procedures according to local business laws and regulations since 2006. VIVA has been continuously trusted by thousands of well-known clients since 2006.
- The insights and consistent backgrounds in Business Laws – Accounting and Corporate Finance – Tax Management – Labor Relations and Payroll – Secretarial services help us build trust and confidence in the entrepreneur's community.
- We have been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies from Hong Kong, Japan, US, EU, Singapore, India, China, Korea…. in forms of FDI companies, Foreign representative offices, Foreigners working in Vietnam, Vietnamese SMEs, Chief Operation Officers.
What we do
- Services for Expats in Vietnam: Visa, Work Permit, Temporary residence card, Compulsory Insurances, Personal Income tax, Labor contracts, Employment Records and Relations, Other Secretarial Services.
- Services for Representative offices in Vietnam: Establishment, extension of representative office licenses. Required compliance procedures during operation. Rights and obligations of the chief of representative office. Closure of representative office risks management.
- Services for a company in Vietnam: Setting up a new company and licensing service. Business records management. Daily business transactions management. Tax management. Accounting and financial statements. Employments, payroll and compulsory insurances. Representative on behalf of competent state agencies for any business administration procedures.
Motivated by our core values of ceaseless improvement, our great insights in local business culture and regulations, as well as the exclusive services, promise to offer you one-stop and tailored-made solutions that optimize every of your business in Vietnam in the lawful manner.
We are looking to be your valued business partner and resources in Vietnam as we have been choosing since 2006.
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Required papers
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Who can grant the entry visa
- Enter Vietnam during the COVID period – Entry procedures
- Full compliance procedures for expats in Vietnam
- Work permit exemption – revocation
- Work permit in Vietnam: Regulations and guidances
- Work permit in Vietnam: The conditions and required papers
- Work permit exemptions for foreigners married to Vietnamese citizens
- Work permit in Vietnam: Acceptance of demand for foreign workers from local competent state agencies