23 Feb Important Notices Regarding The Methods Of Personal Income Tax Declaration In Vietnam
Personal income tax declaration, settlement, and payment are very important tasks for not only the employer but also the employees.
Authorized personal income tax finalization:
Employees are permitted to authorize income-paying organizations and individuals to finalize their personal income tax (PIT) income in the following cases:
– Individuals only earn income from wage or salary, signs a labor contract for at least 03 months with an income-paying organization or individual, and in fact still works there when authorizing the finalization, even when he has not worked for the full 12 months in the year.
– Individuals work under a more than 3 months labor contract, earn multiple incomes from different companies less than 10 million VND a month and 10% tax has been deducted.
– Individuals, apart from the aforementioned income from salaries and wages, earn additional income from other places, income from leasing houses or land use right less than 20 million VND per month and already pay taxes.
– Income-paying bodies, being organizations or individuals, should finalize their employees’ tax imposed on the income paid by that income-paying body only.
Direct personal income tax finalization:
– Individuals that earn incomes from salaries and wages paid by international organizations, embassies, consulates in Vietnam without tax deduction, shall submit personal income tax declaration and tax finalization by themselves on a quarterly basis.
– Individuals that earn incomes from salaries and wages paid by income-paying bodies abroad shall submit tax finalization declaration by themselves on a quarterly basis.
– Individual works under a more than 3 months labor contract, earn multiple incomes from different companies more than 10 million VND a month and 10% tax has been deducted.
– The individual, apart from the aforementioned income from salaries and wages, earns additional income from other places, income from leasing houses or land use right more than 20 million VND per month and already pay taxes.
Taxable amount/tax rates of resident and non-resident are completely different. Fail to properly finalize PIT income will lead to serious fines from the tax department. To verify a proper method of personal income tax declaration (PIT) for expats and residents, or other procedures relating to tax services, please contact us for further consultancy.
VIVA has been an in-depth consultant on business compliance procedures in Vietnam since 2006, based on our professional - integrated background in Business laws - Accounting and corporate finance - Tax management - Labor relation and payroll – Business administration procedures. VIVA offers exclusive services in an integrated tailor-made, consist of 5 specialized-expertise platforms and the inheritance experience up to hundreds of years for every job.
Our extensive expertise and management system that facilitates us to connect local resources and be ready to deliver exclusive solutions that exceed all standard limits and satisfy all expectations of our clients.