17 Dec COVID 19 VACCINE PASSPORT AND POST-ENTRY QUARANTINE APPLICABLE FROM JANUARY 2022(Last Updated On: December 20, 2021)
Dear valued clients,
We are pleased to provide you with updated trends and regulations applicable from early 2022, pertaining to foreign and Vietnamese vaccine passports as well as the post-entry quarantine period.
TREND OF ADOPTION OF VACCINE PASSPORTS FROM 2022
Recognition of foreign vaccine passports: “Vaccine passport” means the Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination or Certificate of Recovery from COVID-19 or another document in a standard form accepted by Vietnam.
- It is confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that, as of December 2021, Vietnam has temporarily recognized vaccine passports issued by 78 countries and territories officially introduced to it. Accordingly, these documents can be used directly in Vietnam and their holders are entitled to a shorter concentrated quarantine period.
- Vietnamese Vaccine Passports: Vietnam is about to issue an international-standardized vaccine passport form and is promptly working with other countries to speed up the recognition of Vietnamese vaccine passports in more than 80 partners, including India, China, Korea, ASEAN, and the European Union, etc.
- The “Vaccine passport” form must be issued in both paper and electronic form (with a digital authentication code) by countries with high safety scores and large vaccination rates; Furthermore, vaccines must be licensed by the World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Medicines Agency or the Vietnamese Ministry of Health.
Up-to-date relevant regulations and guidelines and comprehensive support will be constantly provided to our clients, experts and entrepreneurs in carrying out procedures related to vaccine passport issuance and consular legalization…
EASING QUARANTINE RESTRICTIONS FOR ENTRANTS INTO VIETNAM FROM JANUARY 2022
From January 1, 2022, according to the official guidance of the Ministry of Health in Document No. 10688/BYT-MT dated December 16, 2021, Vietnam will ease certain restrictions and reduce conditions and procedures on entry in addition to vaccine passport recognition.
1. General conditions upon entry:
- Entrants must have a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours.
- Entrants have installed and make a health declaration via PC-COVID app upon arrival in Vietnam.
- Vietnamese citizens, overseas Vietnamese and their families without being vaccinated or fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will get a free vaccination during the quarantine period.
2. Easing quarantine restrictions for entrants:
For entrants fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or having recovered from COVID-19:
- Concentrated quarantine is not required. In the first 3 days upon entry, entrants must self-monitor their health and stay at their own places of residence without being in contact with other people.
- The SARS-CoV-2 (RT-PCR) test must be performed on the 3rd day of entry. With a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, the entrants will keep monitoring their health until the end of the 14 days upon entry.
For entrants without being vaccinated or being fully vaccinated against COVID-19:
- A 7-day quarantine period upon entry at the place of residence is required. Entrants must get tested on the 3rd and 7th days. If the result is negative, they will keep monitoring their health until the end of the 14th day of entry.
- Entrants under 18 years old or at 65 years old or older, pregnant women or those underlying medical conditions are permitted to stay at the place of residence with their families for convenience for care during the quarantine period. The caregivers must be fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19.
OTHER CASES OF FOREIGNERS, OVERSEAS VIETNAMESE AND THEIR FAMILIES PERMITTED TO ENTER VIETNAM
- Other cases permitted to enter Vietnam: Apart from foreign experts, engineers, high-tech workers, and international tourists, Vietnam is considering loosening and facilitating entry procedures for those entering Vietnam to investigate the market, attend conferences and seminars, and visit relatives and overseas Vietnamese with their families. Detail guidelines are expected to be given in December 2021 and take effect from January 2022.
- The government will resume International commercial flights to Beijing/Guangzhou, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Bangkok, Singapore, Vientiane, Phnom Penh, San Francisco/Los Angeles and many others.
Besides updated official regulations, we also offer one-stop package to support foreign experts from preparing documents to meet the conditions to handling procedures until entry and quarantine completion, enabling experts to get ready to work in Vietnam in the fastest way.