Vietnam E-visa is a type of visa issued to foreigners entering Vietnam according to procedures by the Immigration Department, via the electronic transaction system. Electronic visa holders can stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 90 consecutive days after the initial entry date, both single and multiple entries. E-visas are allowed to apply for citizens from countries and territories. Foreigners will print their own E-visa and passport to present when getting on and off the plane.
WHAT IS E-VISA IN VIETNAM?
- A visa or entry visa is an important certificate issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam, allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam. Entry visa to Vietnam has many types with its own symbols, visas are usually issued by stamping in the passport.
- Vietnam e-visa is a type of visa issued to foreigners entering Vietnam according to procedures by the Immigration Department, via an electronic transaction system. E-visa holders can stay in Vietnam for up to 90 consecutive days after the date of initial entry for both single-entry and multiple-entry. E-visa is allowed to apply for citizens from all countries and territories. Foreigners will themself print their own attached e-visa and passport to present when boarding and disembarking/arrival.
- Foreigners who are abroad and wish to enter Vietnam can directly apply for an electronic visa or through an inviting or sponsor agency or organization.
FUNCTIONS AND BENEFITS OF E-VISA IN VIETNAM
- Since August 15, 2023, the Vietnam Government grants electronic visas or e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories in the world, regardless of purposes such as tourism, visiting relatives, working, business, or commercial,… with durations of up to 90 days.
- People who are granted Vietnam e-visa do not need to wait at VOA counters at Vietnam airports to get their visa stamped.
- Instead of only being able to enter at a few international airports in Vietnam, e-visa holders can choose 42 international checkpoints including international airports, landports and seaports.
- In the event of an emergency, all tourists can choose fast processing services under special procedures for 1 or 2 working days instead of 3 working days.
- The list of international air border checkpoints for entry and exit of foreigners on electronic visas: Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Cam Ranh, Da Nang, Cat Bi, Can Tho, Phu Quoc, Phu Bai, Van Don, Tho Xuan, Dong Hoi, Phu Cat, Lien Khuong. There are also other border checkpoints by land and sea that also allow the application of e-visas.
CONDITIONS FOR ISSUANCE OF ELECTRONIC VISAS
- Passport still valid from 06 months and above, with at least 02 empty pages.
- 01 passport photo.
- Scan copy of passport and photo.
- Bank card for payment of e-visa charge.
PROCEDURES FOR ISSUANCE OF ELECTRONIC VISAS
In currently, the application for Vietnam e-visa is done entirely on the national public service portal, in which:
- Agencies or organizations that sponsor foreigners applying for an e-visa shall submit an application at https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26276
- Foreigners who apply for an e-visa by themselves submit their documents at https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277
Four steps to apply for e-visa by VIVA Business Consulting:
- Prepare information and documents according to the guidance sheet.
- Confirm the quotation and pay the service fee, including the state agency’s charge for processing the approval letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Receive clients Vietnam e-visa from our email within 4-6 working days.
- Print Vietnam e-visa attached and passport to show when boarding and disembarking/arrival.
- For time management, clients should pay attention to the official time zone 7 hours ago (GMT +7) and public holidays in Vietnam as it will change due to personal situations and timetables. Normally, it takes 4-6 working days to receive the approval letter.
- The e-visa fee and the e-payment fee are non-refundable in case the applicant is not granted a visa.
- Time limit of SQ visa does not exceed 30 days.
- Time limits of HN, DL and EV visas do not exceed 90 days.
- Time limit of VR visa does not exceed 180 days.
- Time limits of NG1, NG2, NG3, NG4, LV1, LV2, DT4, DN1, DN2, NN1, NN2, NN3, DH, PV1, PV2 and TT visas do not exceed one year.
- The duration of a LĐ visa is not longer than 02 years.
- The duration of a ĐT visa is not longer than 05 years.
- When a visa expires, the re-issuance shall be considered.
- The duration of a visa shall be shorter than passport or international laissez-passer by at least 30 days.
VALIDITY OF EACH VISA TYPES – VIETNAM VISA
- Single or multiple visas are issued in the passport or issued separately or according to the employee lists reviewed by the immigration authorities. The visa is valid once or multiple times and cannot be converted for other purposes.
- Visas are issued separately for each person, except for children under 14 years old who are issued with the same passport with their parents or guardians.
- The visa is valid for a single or multiple entry; Visa issued for children under 14 years old are issued with the same passport with parents or guardians valid for one time.
- Visas may not be converted for other purposes, except there are documents proving that they are investors or representatives of foreign-invested organizations in Vietnam, or have documents proving the relationship as parents, wife, husband, children with invitation, sponsor by individuals or organizations to work and have a work permit or confirmation that they are not eligible for a work permit in accordance with the Labor law.
CERTIFICATION AND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE DURATION AFTER ISSUANCE OF VISA
The immigration control unit grants temporary residence certificates to foreigners on entry by stamping their passports or separate visas with the following duration:
- The duration of the certificate of temporary residence is the same as the duration of the visa. If the duration of the visa is not longer than 15 days, the duration of the temporary residence permit shall be 15 days. If the visa symbol is ĐT or LĐ, the duration of the temporary residence permit shall not exceed 12 months, and the issuance of a temporary residence card shall be considered;
- For the persons granted visa-free entry under international agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory, the duration of temporary residence permit shall comply with such international agreements, or shall be 30 days if it is not specified by the international agreements;
- A national benefitting from unilateral visa-free entry treatment of Vietnam shall be granted temporary residence for 45 days and considered for issuance of visa and extension of temporary residence according to regulations;
- Foreigner who does not fall into cases specified at the above-mentioned points and enters economic zones of border checkpoint areas shall be granted temporary residence for 15 days, enter the special administrative-economic unit or the prescribed coastal economic zone when fully meeting the following conditions: has an international airport; have a separate space; have definite geographical boundaries, separate from the mainland; in accordance with the socio-economic development policy and without prejudice to national defense, security, social order and safety, a temporary residence permit shall be granted for 30 days.
- For foreigners with valid permanent residence cards or temporary residence cards, temporary residence will not be granted.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DECLARATION OF TEMPORARY RESIDENCE
- Any foreigners are responsible to present their passports or international travel proofs, and documents related to residence in Vietnam to Accommodation establishments to declare their temporary residence according to regulations.
- Entities may only employ foreign workers, organize tourism programs for foreigners or allow foreigners to temporarily reside in Vietnam when they lawfully reside in Vietnam.
- Any foreigner that temporarily resides in Vietnam shall go through the person directly managing and operating the operation of the Accommodation establishment to declare his/her temporary residence to the police of the commune, ward, and township or at the local police authority/station where the Accommodation establishment is located. Accommodation establishments shall be responsible for requesting foreigners to present their passports or international travel proofs, and documents related to residence in Vietnam to register temporary residence before admitting them.
- The declaration of temporary residence for foreigners is done through the electronic environment or temporary residence declaration form. In case of declaration via temporary residence declaration form, the person directly managing and operating the operation of the Accommodation establishment is responsible for filling in all information on the temporary residence declaration sheet and forwarding it to the police station of the commune, ward or town within 12 hours, for remote areas, or within 24 hours from the time the foreigner arrives at the Accommodation establishment.
- In case when foreigners change their address of temporary residence stated in their permanent residence cards or when there is any change in information in their passports according to the above regulations.
- Foreigners must not temporarily reside in prohibited areas, areas in border areas on land where activities are suspended; prohibited zones, and restricted areas in border areas at sea.
- If entities detect signs of violations against regulations on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam, they shall immediately notify the nearest police authorities.
These regulations take effect on August 15, 2023. In case a foreigner has been issued with an electronic visa or granted unilateral visa-free entry or applied for an electronic visa but has not yet been issued with an electronic visa before August 15, 2023, the former regulations shall be applied.
VISA SYMBOLS AND TIME LIMITS
Firstly, there are 05 most popular types of VISA symbols including Investors – Workers – Business – Relatives – Tourists
- Symbol ĐT – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam. In which:
- ĐT1 means that time limits of visas do not exceed 10 years – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam and contributing capital of VND 100 billion or more or investing in business lines benefitting from investment incentives, in administrative divisions benefitting from investment incentives decided by the Government.
- ĐT2 has time limits of visa do not exceed 5 years – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam and contributing capital of VND 50 billion to less than VND 100 billion or investing in business lines benefitting from investment incentives treatment decided by the Government.
- ĐT3 has time limits of visa do not exceed 3 years – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam and contributing capital of VND 3 billion to less than VND 50 billion.
- ĐT4 has time limits of visa do not exceed 12 months – issued to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam and contributing capital of less than VND 3 billion.
- Symbol LĐ means that time limits of visas not exceed 2 years – issued to people who come to Vietnam to work. In which:
- LD1 – is issued to foreigners working in Vietnam and certified of eligibility for work permit exemption, unless otherwise specified by international agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory.
- LD2 – issued to foreigners working in Vietnam that are required to have work permit
- Symbol DN means that time limits of visa not exceed 12 months – issued to people who come to work with companies in Vietnam. In which:
- DN1 – issued to foreigners working with other enterprises and organizations that have legal status as per the law of Vietnam.
- DN2 – issued to foreigners making entry to promote services, establish a commercial presence, or conduct other activities according to international agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory.
- Symbol TT means that time limits of visa not exceed 12 months – issued to foreigners that are parents, spouse, children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, UNIVERSITY, PV1, LĐ visas, or foreigners that are parents, spouse, children of Vietnamese citizens.
- Symbol DL – issued to tourists.
There are 03 types of foreign organizations:
- SYMBOL NN1 – issued to Managers of representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
- SYMBOL NN2 – issued to heads of representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam.
- SYMBOL NN3 – issued to people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam.
There are 04 types of diplomatic missions:
- SYMBOL NG1 – issued to members of delegations invited by the President of Vietnam, the President of the National Assembly and the Prime Minister.
- SYMBOL NG2 – issued to members of delegations invited by standing members of the Vice chairman of Vietnam, Deputy President of the National Assembly, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the People’s Committees of provinces.
- SYMBOL NG3 – issued to members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations and their spouses, children under 18 years of age, and housemaids during their duration of office.
- SYMBOL NG4 – issued to people who come to work with diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations, visitors of members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, and representative offices of intergovernmental organizations
Validity of issued temporary resident cards shall be at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity of passports:
- The duration of DT1 temporary residence card shall not exceed 10 years.
- The duration of DT2, NG3, LS temporary residence card shall not exceed 5 years.
- The duration of DT3 and TT temporary residence card shall not exceed 3 years.
- The duration of LD1, LD2 temporary residence card shall not exceed 2 years
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
- Visa entry Vietnam, types and time limits – what you need to know
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign workers
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign investors
- Visa for foreign investors, symbols and time limits
- Vietnam entry visa for foreign organizations
- Investment visa in Vietnam: type and time limits
- Foreign employees – personal taxable income – methods of declaration
- Temporary residence card in Vietnam – what you need to know
- Permanent residence card in Vietnam – what you need to know
- Consular legalization foreign document to use in Vietnam
- Work permit in Vietnam – regulations and guidance
- Compulsory insurances in Vietnam – what you need to know
- Foreign managers and experts in Vietnam – manage the local required compliance procedures