WHAT IS A D-U-N-S NUMBER?
The Data Universal Numbering System, abbreviated as DUNS or D-U-N-S, is a nine-digit number, referred to as a “DUNS number” to a single business entity. DUNS assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), the D-U-N-S Number is widely used as a standard business identifier.
More than 50 global industries and trade associations recognize, recommend, or require DUNS. The DUNS database contains over 300 million entries for businesses throughout the world. DUNS users include the European Commission, the United Nations, the United States government, and Apple.
WHY DO YOU NEED A D-U-N-S NUMBER?
There is no requirement for your company to have a D-U-N-S Number, but the number may help you grow your business in a variety of ways.
Here are just some of the benefits of getting a D-U-N-S Number:
- It establishes your business in the Dun & Bradstreet database and allows other companies, government agencies, and financial institutions to confirm that your company is an active business
- It automatically starts a Live Business Identity file on your business, which may include your Dun & Bradstreet credit scores and credit ratings if there is sufficient data to create such scores
- Many of the world’s largest companies will ask for a D-U-N-S Number on applications to become a supplier or to obtain credit
- Many government agencies require D-U-N-S Numbers from their contractors
- A D-U-N-S Number connected to your business credit file may help expedite the loan approval process with some financial institutions
A DUNS is now required for many purposes. A DUNS number makes your company profile stronger. Your D-U-N-S Number will be used to check the identity and legal entity status of your organization as part of the enrollment verification process for joining the business with Apple, Walmart Marketplace, and most of the multinational business entities…
BASIC INFORMATION TO GET STARTED WITH DUNS
- Company Full Name
- Owner/shareholder Name
- Company/Business Address
- Active Phone number-Business or personal
- And some info regarding your business or company with is required to obtain DUNS for your business
Feel free to contact us, we have all your questions answered regarding your company in Vietnam about DUNS.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
Who we are?
- VIVA is a business consulting company, specializes in business compliance procedures according to local business laws and regulations since 2006. VIVA has been continuously trusted by thousands of well-known clients since 2006.
- The insights and consistent backgrounds in Business Laws – Accounting and Corporate Finance – Tax Management – Labor Relations and Payroll – Secretarial services help us build trust and confidence in the entrepreneur's community.
- We have been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies from Hong Kong, Japan, US, EU, Singapore, India, China, Korea…. in forms of FDI companies, Foreign representative offices, Foreigners working in Vietnam, Vietnamese SMEs, Chief Operation Officers.
What we do
- Services for Expats in Vietnam: Visa, Work Permit, Temporary residence card, Compulsory Insurances, Personal Income tax, Labor contracts, Employment Records and Relations, Other Secretarial Services.
- Services for Representative offices in Vietnam: Establishment, extension of representative office licenses. Required compliance procedures during operation. Rights and obligations of the chief of representative office. Closure of representative office risks management.
- Services for a company in Vietnam: Setting up a new company and licensing service. Business records management. Daily business transactions management. Tax management. Accounting and financial statements. Employments, payroll and compulsory insurances. Representative on behalf of competent state agencies for any business administration procedures.
Motivated by our core values of ceaseless improvement, our great insights in local business culture and regulations, as well as the exclusive services, promise to offer you one-stop and tailored-made solutions that optimize every of your business in Vietnam in the lawful manner.
We are looking to be your valued business partner and resources in Vietnam as we have been choosing since 2006.
- How to buy a company in Vietnam
- Investment in Vietnam: restructuring – acquiring and selling a company
- Foreign direct invest company in Vietnam: what you need to know
- Business operation in Vietnam: manage the mandatory compliance procedures
- Doing business in Vietnam: company’s charter
- Doing business in Vietnam: general terms and conditions