Shutdown or dissolution of a Vietnam-based representative office or branch of a foreign trader is a legal procedure to terminate any activity, terminate the existing and license of a dependent unit of the foreign trader in Vietnam. Procedures for shutdown or dissolution of a representative office are more and more strict and complicated in comparison to registration procedures:
CASES OF SHUTDOWN OR DISSOLUTION OF FOREIGN REPRESENTATIVE OFFICES OR BRANCHES
- A representative office or branch shall be shut down if:
- It is requested by its head office;
- The foreign trader ceases to operate according to laws of the country or territory in which such foreign trader is established or registered.
- The License for Establishment of the representative office or branch is expired but its head office does not apply for an extension of the license.
- The licensing agency refuses to grant an extension of the expired License for Establishment of the representative office or branch.
- The License for Establishment of the branch or representative office is revoked as prescribed in cases of failure to come into operation for 01 year and failure to enter into transactions with licensing agencies or failure to submit reports on the operation of the representative office or branch for 02 consecutive years or failure to submit reports to the licensing agency within 06 months from the deadline of submission or at the written request of the licensing agency.
VIVA Business Consulting has successfully provided service of consulting and shutdown or dissolution of foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam for thousands of brands in lawful and optimal manners.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
Read more relevant content dissolution foreign representative offices in Vietnam
- Foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam – shutdown and dissolution
- Foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam – case of shutdown or dissolution
- Foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam – application for shutdown or dissolution
- Foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam – procedures for processing of applications
- Foreign representative offices or branches in Vietnam – obligations resulting
- Foreign representative office in Vietnam – manage the annual required compliance procedures
- Foreign invested company or representative office – which form of business for you in Vietnam?
- Foreign investor, legal REP and chief REP in Vietnam – The required compliance procedures that you shall keep in mind
- Representative office or subsidiary or branch? How to transform business models in Vietnam
- Why and how to close representative offices in Vietnam?
- How to closure a foreign representative office in Vietnam – tax final settlement and tax completion certificate
- Foreign representative office – cashbook and lawful invoices for tax inspection
- Risk management on representative office operation in Vietnam
- Tax management – foreign representative offices in Vietnam