Employees inclusive foreign employees shall be entitled to fully paid days off on public holidays, annual leave, personal leave according to Vietnam Labor Laws as follows:
EMPLOYEES SHALL BE ENTITLED TO FULLY PAID DAYS-OFF ON THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC HOLIDAYS:
- Gregorian Calendar New Year Holiday: 01 day (the 1st of January of the Gregorian calendar).
- Lunar New Year Holidays: 05 days.
- Victory Day: 01 day (the 30th of April of the Gregorian calendar).
- International Labor Day: 01 day (the 1st of May of the Gregorian calendar).
- National Day: 02 days (the 2nd of September of the Gregorian calendar and the previous or next day).
- Hung Kings Commemoration Day: 01 day (the 10th of the third month of the Lunar calendar).
- Foreign employees in Vietnam are entitled to 01 traditional public holiday and 01 National Day of their country, in addition to the above days.
EMPLOYEES SHALL BE ENTITLED TO FULLY PAID ANNUAL LEAVE UPON 12 MONTHS WORKING, AS FOLLOWS:
- 12 working days for employees who work in normal working conditions.
- 14 working days for employees who are minors, the disabled, employees who do laborious, toxic or dangerous work.
- 16 working days for employees who do highly laborious, toxic or dangerous work.
- An employee who has been working for an employer for less than 12 months will have a number of paid leave days proportional to the number of working months.
An employee who, due to employment termination or job loss, has not taken or has not entirely taken up his/her annual leave shall be paid in compensation for the untaken leave days. The annual leave of an employee shall increase by 01 day for every 05 years of employment with the same employer.
AN EMPLOYEE IS ENTITLED TO TAKE A FULLY PAID PERSONAL LEAVE IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES, AS LONG AS NOTIFIED TO THE EMPLOYER IN ADVANCE:
- Marriage: 03 days.
- Marriage of his/her biological child or adopted child: 01 day.
- Death of his/her biological or adoptive parent; death of his/her spouse’s biological or adoptive parent; death of spouse, biological or adopted child: 03 days.
- An employee is entitled to take 01 day of unpaid leave and must inform the employer in the case of the death of his/her grandparent or biological sibling: marriage of his/her parent or natural sibling.
In the 4th Quarter of every year, we will review annual salary calculations, personal income tax calculations, amending and updating labor contracts for the following year. Please contact VIVA’s experts for advice and implementation in a compliant and optimal manner.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
- Fdi companies in Vietnam – Managing the required compliance procedures
- Types of employment contracts – probationary – cases of termination
- Why registration of internal working regulations?
- Managing labor relations for expats in Vietnam
- Manage employment relations in Vietnam
- Management letter – review of labor contract in the first half year 2023
- Payroll service
- Foreign employees – personal taxable income – methods of declaration
- Personal income tax in Vietnam – Comprehensive guide to finalization procedures 2023
- Work permit in Vietnam – regulations and guidance
- New regulations from 2022 on compulsory social insurance for foreign employees who are working in Vietnam