A work permit is one of the legal conditions allowing foreign workers to work in Vietnam, issued by a competent state agency. Foreign workers must present their work permit when requested by a competent state agency. Employers who employ foreign workers to work for them without a work permit will be recognized as a violation.
The maximum term of a work permit is 02 years. In case of extension, it can only be extended once for a maximum period of 02 years. The work permit is invalidated at the end of its term, upon termination of the labor contract, because the content of the labor contract is not consistent with the content of the issued work permit, or because the work is not in accordance with the provisions of the work permit, according to the written notice of the foreign party ceasing to send foreign workers to work in Vietnam or when the work permit is revoked.
Foreigners working in Vietnam for three months and more are required for Vietnam work permit and labor visa, without a work permit means the signed labor contract shall be wholly invalid…
What are the things you shall keep in mind to avoid and prevent any violation in advance?
WHO IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A VIETNAM WORK PERMIT?
- Foreign employees shall produce his/her work permit when carrying out immigration procedures and upon request of a competent state agency.
- Any foreign citizen working in Vietnam without a work permit shall be deported from Vietnam according to the Government’s regulations.
- Any employer employing foreign citizens without work permits shall be handled in accordance with the law.
THE CASES OF REVOCATION OF VIETNAM WORK PERMIT
- The contents of the application for the issuance or re-issuance of the work permit is found bogus;
- The work permit expires;
- The foreign worker or employer fails to comply with the work permit issued;
- The labor contract is terminated;
- The labor contract contents are not consistent with the contents of the work permit issued;
- The contract or agreement in Vietnam is expired or terminated;
- The foreign partner makes a written notification that the foreign worker is no longer on assignment in Vietnam;
- The employer shuts down;
- A competent authority makes a written request for the revocation of the work permit due to the violations against Vietnam’s law committed by the foreign worker.
How to manage your work permit and other required procedures for foreign employees in Vietnam, please contact our expert for your one-top solution.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
Read more work permit for expats in Vietnam
- Manage work permit for foreign investor, legal REP and chief REP in Vietnam
- Work permit in Vietnam: Acceptance of demand for foreign workers from local competent state agencies
- Work permit in Vietnam: Frequently asked questions
- Work permit in Vietnam: The conditions and required papers
- Work permit in Vietnam: Regulations and guidances
- Work permit exemption – revocation
- Work permit revocation
- Work permit exemption
- 20 cases exempt from work permits for foreign workers in Vietnam
- Work permit exemptions for foreigners married to Vietnamese citizens
- Investment visa in Vietnam – type and time limits
- Temporary residence card in Vietnam: what you need to know
- Expats in Vietnam: what you need to know
- Social insurance for foreigners in Vietnam: new regulations
- Electronic visas in Vietnam (E-visa)
- Evisa – new regulation on entry and exit for foreigners in Vietnam
- Chief of representative office or head of branch in Vietnam: role and responsibility
- Personal income tax for foreign employees: methods of declaration and payable amount