Chief of representative office – head branch in Vietnam shall follow compliance procedures of an expatriate in Vietnam and also have more rights and obligations according to local regulations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HEADS
- The chief of representative office or head of branch shall be responsible for his/her action and the operation of the representative office or branch to his/her head office within the power of attorney.
- The chief of representative office or head of branch shall be responsible for his/her activities in case of carrying out activities out of the scope of authorization.
- In the absence of the chief of the representative office or head of branch from Vietnam, he/she shall grant the power of attorney to another person by written notice. The power of attorney shall be made with the prior consent of the head office. However, the chief of the representative office or branch shall be responsible for exercising rights and obligations specified in the power of attorney.
- Upon the expiry of the power of attorney stipulated in clause 3 hereof, if the chief of the representative office or head of branch has yet to return and no additional power of attorney is made, the current authorized person shall be eligible for exercising rights and obligations as the chief of the representative office or branch, within the scope of authorization, until the heads return or the parent company appoints another person as the new chief office or branch.
- In case #001 the chief of representative offices or head of branch from Vietnam is absent from Vietnam for a period of longer than 30 days without any authorization; #002 the chief or head of branch is dead, missing, detained, sentenced to prison or has no capacity for action, the parent company shall appoint another person as the new chief office or branch.
- If the parent company authorizes the chief of the representative office or head of branch to sign, adjust or supplement contracts, the head office shall grant the power of attorney by written notice for each conclusion, adjustment, and supplementation.
THINGS THAT THE HEADS SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO
The chief of representative office shall not concurrently hold the following titles:
- The head of a branch of the same parent company.
- The head of a branch of another parent company.
- The legal representative of the same Parent company or others.
- The legal representative of a business organization incorporated in accordance with the Laws of Vietnam.
The head of branch shall not concurrently hold the following titles:
- The chief of a representative office of another parent company.
- The chief of a representative office of the same parent company.
- The legal representative of a business organization incorporated under the Laws of Vietnam.
CHIEF OF REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE OR BRANCH IN VIETNAM MUST COMPLY WITH THE LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS ON FOREIGN EMPLOYEES
The foreign employees in Vietnam may enjoy a lot of promotions, incentives regarding tax, visa and administrative procedures. However, the foreign employees who work at representative office or branch in Vietnam shall be also complied with the local laws and regulations to avoid and prevent the risks in advance.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
Who we are?
- VIVA is a business consulting company, specializes in business compliance procedures according to local business laws and regulations since 2006. VIVA has been continuously trusted by thousands of well-known clients since 2006.
- The insights and consistent backgrounds in Business Laws – Accounting and Corporate Finance – Tax Management – Labor Relations and Payroll – Secretarial services help us build trust and confidence in the entrepreneur's community.
- We have been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies from Hong Kong, Japan, US, EU, Singapore, India, China, Korea…. in forms of FDI companies, Foreign representative offices, Foreigners working in Vietnam, Vietnamese SMEs, Chief Operation Officers.
What we do
- Services for Expats in Vietnam: Visa, Work Permit, Temporary residence card, Compulsory Insurances, Personal Income tax, Labor contracts, Employment Records and Relations, Other Secretarial Services.
- Services for Representative offices in Vietnam: Establishment, extension of representative office licenses. Required compliance procedures during operation. Rights and obligations of the chief of representative office. Closure of representative office risks management.
- Services for a company in Vietnam: Setting up a new company and licensing service. Business records management. Daily business transactions management. Tax management. Accounting and financial statements. Employments, payroll and compulsory insurances. Representative on behalf of competent state agencies for any business administration procedures.
Motivated by our core values of ceaseless improvement, our great insights in local business culture and regulations, as well as the exclusive services, promise to offer you one-stop and tailored-made solutions that optimize every of your business in Vietnam in the lawful manner.
We are looking to be your valued business partner and resources in Vietnam as we have been choosing since 2006.
- Foreign representative offices in Vietnam: what you need to know
- Setting up a foreign representative office in Vietnam: what you need to know
- Foreign invested company (FDI) or representative office: which form of business for you in Vietnam?
- Foreign representative office in Vietnam: the required compliances that you need to know
- Operating representative office in Vietnam: manage your 08 compliance procedures
- Representative office in Vietnam: advantages and limits
- Bank accounts for foreign representative office in Vietnam
- License of representative office in Vietnam: what you should keep in mind?
- Headquarter locations of a company or rep office in Vietnam: 09 key things you shall keep in mind
- Annual budget and running cost of representative office in Vietnam
- Tax management foreign representative offices in Vietnam
- Representative offices in Vietnam: business records management
- Annual operation reports for foreign representative offices
- Risk management on representative office operation in Vietnam
- Manage employment relations in Vietnam
- Foreign representative office: managing and recruiting Vietnamese employees
- Foreign representative office: cashbook and lawful invoices for tax inspection
- How to closure a foreign representative office in Vietnam: tax final settlement and tax completion certificate
- Cases and how to shutdown a foreign representative office in Vietnam: required papers and condition
- Representative office or subsidiary or branch? How to transform business models in Vietnam