07 Jul WORK PERMIT EXEMPTIONS FOR FOREIGNERS MARRIED TO VIETNAMESE CITIZENS(Last Updated On: August 17, 2021)
Foreigners who get married to Vietnamese citizens are eligible to work in Vietnam with the following support and privileges:
Not subject to Work permits
According to the provisions of Clause 8, Article 154 of the Labor Code 2019, foreigners married to Vietnamese citizens and wishes to reside in Vietnam is eligible for work permit exemption
Not required to carry out procedures to confirm that foreign workers are not subject to work permits, nevertheless it is mandatory to report the usage of foreign labor
Although it is not required to carry out procedures to confirm that foreign worker is not subject to work permit, but it is compulsory to report to the Department of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs where a foreign worker is expected to work the following information: full name, age, nationality, passport number, name of the employer, commence and end date to be reported 3 days prior from the date a foreign worker expected to be employed in in Vietnam.
Acceptance of demand for foreign workers
According to the provisions of Article 4 Decree 152/2020, at least 30 days before the date on which foreign workers are expected to be employed, the employer (except contractor) shall determine the demand for foreign workers to competent authorities to apply for a written approval letter of acceptance of foreign workers.
Granted a TT Visa or Visa exemption, granted a Temporary Residence Card based on marriage
- Visa and Temporary Residence Card based on marriage are categorized as TT symbol or type.
- The maximum duration of the TT Visa is 12 months.
- The Visa exemption period is 05 years.
- The duration of the TT Temporary Residence Card is 03 years.
- Required papers for granting a Temporary Residence Card include: Passports or international travel documents to be valid for at least 01 year; Papers proving marital relationship: marriage registration certificate/Certificate of family relations; Currently residing legally in Vietnam.
WHO WE ARE
Read more work permit for expats in Vietnam
- Foreigner working in Vietnam: Work permit – What you need to know
- Foreigner working in Vietnam: Work permit – Regulations & guidance
- Foreigner working in Vietnam: Work permit – Conditions of application for a work permit and required papers