On March 25, 2020, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs issued official letter No 1064/LĐTBXH-QHLĐTL to instruct enterprises who have to suspend their operation or scale down about the suspension pay for employees from work due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The suspension pay shall be agreed upon by both parties but must not be smaller than the region-based minimum wages, applied in cases that employees who are suspended due to direct impacts of COVID-19 pandemic such as:
- Employees who are not allowed to return to work as requested by competent authorities
- Employees who are suspended from work during quarantine as requested by competent authorities
- Employees who are suspended from work because their employer is being quarantined or other employees in the same enterprise or department are being quarantined or not allowed to return to work
Enterprises that cannot provide adequate employment due to supply shortage or market reduction may temporarily reassign the employees against their employment contracts;
In case an employer is not able to pay the suspended employees due to prolonged work suspension, they may reach an agreement on the suspension of the employment contracts.
Employers that have to scale down and have to dismiss employees, the employer shall pay job-loss allowances accordingly.
ABOUT VIVA BUSINESS CONSULTING
VIVA is the local expertise for local business compliance procedures, has been trusted by thousands of foreign investors, multinational companies from Europe, Japan, Singapore, India, Korea, USA… for the required business compliance procedures by local laws and regulations since 2006.
Thanks for consistent of practice expertise in Business laws - Employment relations – Tax and accounting – Corporate finance – Corporate services, VIVA has been successfully providing service for thousands of leading companies in such industries: Garment, energy, pharma, advertising, agricultural…
VIVA keeps its signature by offering one-stop business platform with regard to market entry and the mandatory business compliances. We ensure for our client’s good standing, in lawful and optimal manners whenever they are working and doing business in Vietnam.
- COVID 19 – Directive Nationwide Quarantine
- COVID 19 | Salary Expenses – Challenges And Solutions
- Guidance On Suspension Of Social Insurance Contributions By Entities Affected By Covid-19
- COVIS 19 Impact. New Regulations On The Entry Visa, Work Permit, Resident Card For Expats
- Detail Guidance On Suspension Of Social Insurance Contributions By Entities Affected By Covid-19
- Urgent Objectives And Solutions From The Government For Assisting Businesses Facing Difficulties Amid COVID-19 Pandemic